karaf-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Shadab Ali <Mohammad.A...@genpact.com>
Subject RE: Migrate from felix to apache karaf
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:21:11 GMT
Hi Fang,

Thanks for your response. Here dynamic loading means that if there is any change in a bundle,
we have to restart the felix container for the changes to come into effect, but in karaf we
do not have to restart the container it reloads the bundle automatically.
Can you please provide some pointer for export|import OSGI service.

Regards,
Shadab

From: Freeman Fang [mailto:freeman.fang@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 4:26 PM
To: user@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrate from felix to apache karaf

Hi,

Please elaborate your "dynamic" here.

Anyway, business logic depend on bundle start sequence isn't good practice in OSGi container,
you may need consider a refactor to avoid it.
Also, specify start level isn't that reliable if you really need bundle start sequence, export|import
OSGi service between bundles is the way to guarantee "sequence" thing work
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: freemanfang