karaf-user mailing list archives

From "A. Rothman" <amich...@amichais.net>
Subject Re: Kar mechanic
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 19:35:56 GMT

Other than all the issues detailed below? :-)

I understand that features and kars are both simple formats, which is
nice. But I'd rather not have to create and maintain them all
manually... it's quite error prone and time consuming. I was under the
impression that the maven plugins (old/new) should be able to create
features and kars automatically from the maven dependency info so that
everything can be built for offline deployment, but I just can't seem to
get them to work.

What's the current (working) best practices for creating/updating
features files, and generating kars from the project feature and
dependency features so that it can all be deployed offline?

Thanks,

Amichai

>>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin-generate.html

>>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.3.x/developers-guide/features-maven-plugin.html