karaf-user mailing list archives

From amitsaini1976 <AMITSAINI1976T...@GMAIL.COM>
Subject Re: Pax web failover/LoadBalancing
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 05:38:54 GMT
Hi All,  Thanks for the input they are really helpful.
1.) My question is w.r.t the HTTP session migration/replication for the pax
web when one of the nodes goes down. Does pax web support Session migration
to another Karaf node when one node goes down. It should be easily doable
with cellar as it is using the hazelcast. /Can you guys propose this as part
of the cellar road map./
Jboss is also using Infispan(Distributed cache/data grid) for session
migration.
2.) I have seen Fuse Fabric and liked it also. The problem is that it is
kind of closed(No further development) since redhat have taken over Fuse. It
is available in the form of Jboss Fuse and is opensource(Apache) but is not
free for production. I love the fuse fabric but if I have to buy than cost
of my Platform will kill my business case. Secondly in the new avatar of
Jboss Fuse the fabric routing/loadbalancing using fabric:url/ kind of
routing is diluted or removed as it is not mentioned in any of the
documentation.
3.) I like cellar(Hazelcast) clustering over fabric(zookeeper) as it will
allow me to have business events spanning over multiple nodes without using
any activeMQ. There is another issue with cellar incase I am using cxf-dosgi
it will run hazelcast as well as zookeeper(for cxf-dosgi).Totally Confused
and Jumping around OSGI offering :-). Please let me know for Http session
migration of Paxweb.