karaf-user mailing list archives

From lb <lburgazz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf OSGi Web Service with EclipseLink: “No Persistence provider”
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 06:49:29 GMT
First you have to install some Karaf's enterprise features (
http://aries.apache.org):

features:install transaction
features:install jndi
features:install jpa

Then you need to deploy a JPA implementation such as EclipseLink or OpenJPA.

There are some differences among the JPA implementations and for EcliseLink
you have to manually register an OSGi service to let the framework aware of
the EcliseLink's PeristenceProvider implementation, you can find a very
simple example here:
https://github.com/lburgazzoli/lb-karaf-examples/tree/master/jpa-eclipselink-adapter

Once done you are ready to implement your JPA bundle (very simple example
)