karaf-user mailing list archives

From anair <ashanai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Clear the data cache for Karaf 2.3.x for a specific bundle
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 17:28:17 GMT
Thank you Freeman for your response. Just to be clear, I have a few follow-up
questions. I am asking only because I want to understand it better as I am a
newbie to osgi and karaf.
* what is the purpose of osgi-refresh then? I know in the manual its says
that it refreshes the bundle, but I thought it would clear the cache and
reload the bundle. Also when I just type osgi:refresh without providing a
bundle id, will it refresh the entire system?
* if I use uninstall, it clears the cache. Then I do not need to use
osgi:refresh, right?

Once again, thank you for your time.

Regards,

Asha