karaf-user mailing list archives

From Bram Pouwelse <b...@pouwelse.com>
Subject Memory usage
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:29:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm developing an application that using Pax Wicket running on Apache
Karaf. I'm having a memory usage issue that I don't really understand, I've
attached screenshot from server monitoring.

At the moment of the screenshot the server memory is almost completely
consumed by the java process (the coloured graph displays the server memory
usage) and the growth in the memory usage is almost linear. But when I look
at the JVM metrics the memory consumption doesn't grow in the same linear
way.

Is there an explanation for the gap between the memory usage in the JVM
metrics and the memory used by the java process?

I'm using Karaf 2.2.9 and java 1.6.0_35

Thanks,

Bram Pouwelse