karaf-user mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: Cannot run wrapper on Windows Server 2003 R2
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 13:13:58 GMT
Did some more investigating....

I use my own custom distribution. I have always created that by:

- Downloading the appropriate Karaf standard distribution
- Start Karaf
- features:install wrapper
- wrapper:install

That way the needed Wrapper files are extracted for me and I can include
them in the distribution "out-of-the-box". The extracted files are:

- bin\karaf-wrapper.exe
- etc\karaf-wrapper.conf
- bin\karaf-service.bat
- lib\wrapper.dll
- lib\karaf-wrapper.jar
- lib\karaf-wrapper-main.jar

I normally customize karaf-wrapper.conf but leave the rest unchanged.

I now tried running "wrapper:install" on a standard Karaf 2.2.8
distribution on Windows XP (32 bit). I then succeeded in installing the
wrapper.

My conclusion then is that when runnning "wrapper:install" some kind of OS
detection is being done so that the correct version of the Wrapper is
installed thus breaking my strategy of doing this when I create the
distribution instead of doing it when I actually install the wrapper
service.

Am I right?

Can I just remove the extracted files and re-run "wrapper:install" as a
work around on 32 bit Windows?

/Bengt