karaf-user mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject "The org.osgi.service.jdbc package is unavailable" after upgrading to Karaf 2.3.0
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:25:42 GMT
I'm trying to upgrade fro Karaf 2.2.8 to Karaf 2.3.0 and have run into a
problem regarding datasources. I get the following in my log:

*2012-10-22 10:52:59,563 | INFO  | Thread-7         | container
           | l.ManagedPersistenceUnitInfoImpl   50 | The
org.osgi.service.jdbc package is unavailable. As a result the Aries JPA
container will not offer any DataSourceFactory integration.*

It's only an INFO message but it seems fatal to me because later on I
cannot find my datasource when I try to use it. I publish a data source
(for Derby) using Blueprint. I use the following features from the
karaf-enterprise descriptor:

- transaction
- jpa
- jndi

When I execute "exports | grep -i org.osgi.service.jdbc" on the command
line I get an empty result.

It seems like this package is needed for Aries JPA Container. What bundle
should export it?

/Bengt