karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Memory usage
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:22:51 GMT
After taking a closer look at your image,
are you sure you are using about 900M of PermSpace?
Also it seems the application is using about 700M of non Heap Memory
(native code)
So depending on your Memory Parameters for the JVM I'd say it looks a
lot like it uses this much.
Just recently I had a little web application with pax-wicket and karaf
that only took about 600 MB, so I'd say this shouldn't be the cause :)

regards, Achim

2012/10/17 Bram Pouwelse <bram@pouwelse.com>:
> The server is running Ubuntu 12.04
>
> I was just reading about native memory usage by java nio, I'm not doing any
> nio stuff myself the application is based on Apache Karaf, Pax Wicket,
> OpenJPA, PostgreSQL.
>

> 2012/10/17 Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com>
>>
>> wait, you have a JVM process that take about 4GB Ram but have a
>> Heap-usage of 400MB.
>> Do you have any kind of Native Code connected?
>> And which OS are you running on?
>>
>> 2012/10/17 Bram Pouwelse <bram@pouwelse.com>:
>> > I've used eclipse memory analyzer a few times before and I've used it to
>> > analyze this problem. I've found a small leak which takes about 100 MB
>> > of a
>> > total of the 400 MB heap space used, but the java process is growing
>> > from 1
>> > GB to 4GB in the same period of time.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Bram