karaf-user mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <ch0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "The org.osgi.service.jdbc package is unavailable" after upgrading to Karaf 2.3.0
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 10:12:45 GMT
Bengt,

This package is not required by Aries JPA as resolution is optional :

org.osgi.service.jdbc;resolution:=optional,

When the Aries JPA Container *ManagedPersistenceUnitInfoImpl  *class is
called, Aries does a check to verify if the OSGI service is provided. If
this is not the case, the info is displayed in the log and Aries JPA
Container continues to load the JPA Container based on your config
(persistence.xml, datasource, ...). If you are using JPA, you shouldn't use
the DataSourceFactory.

These links could help you to configure your project

*
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11861414/openjpa-in-osgi-not-finding-mysql-jdbc-connector-bundle
*
*http://aries.apache.org/modules/jpaproject.html*