karaf-user mailing list archives

From PJR69 <petri.riipi...@insta.fi>
Subject RE: Error in starting Karaf with EIK from Eclipse
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 06:51:54 GMT
Hi,

Ok, I managed to get the sources and compile them with maven. But I'm a bit unsure as to what
is the best way to take the results into use in an Eclipse installation. Is there any way
to add the generated features/plugins via Update Site-functionality or should I just copy
the multitude of jars somewhere...? I'm assuming that there is no way I can just generate
a zipped update site with maven. That would be the most convenient way, I'd assume.

Regards,
- Petri

________________________________
From: jbonofre [via Karaf] [mailto:ml-node+s922171n4026203h31@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: 1. lokakuuta 2012 11:27
To: Riipinen Petri
Subject: Re: Error in starting Karaf with EIK from Eclipse

H Petri,

EIK is now a Karaf sub-project. You can checkout the code from the
Apache svn server:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/eik/

You can find information here:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/subprojects/eik/source.html
http://karaf.apache.org/index/subprojects/eik/building.html

Regards
JB

On 10/01/2012 10:03 AM, PJR69 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed EIK (so not downloaded it myself) using the Eclipse update
> site-URL from here:
> http://randomactsoftware.blogspot.fi/p/eclipse-integration-for-karaf.html so
> I used this one:
> http://eik.eclipselabs.org.codespot.com/git/features/info.evanchik.eclipse.karaf.update/
>
> I installed the package to Eclipse Indigo and everything else worked fine,
> except the running of the Karaf produces the error I mentioned in the OP.
>
> I used the information from this link:
> http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/eik/wiki/UsingEIK
>
> And I guess here http://randomactsoftware.blogspot.fi/p/using-eik.html is
> similar information.
>
> BR,
> - Petri
>

> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4026203&i=0>
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Error-in-starting-Karaf-with-EIK-from-Eclipse-tp4026198p4026203.html
To start a new topic under Karaf - User, email ml-node+s922171n930749h57@n3.nabble.com
NAML<http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>