karaf-user mailing list archives

From dealbitte <anand.boc...@gmail.com>
Subject JPA Usage: Strategy for using Hibernate + Postgresql
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:48:40 GMT

I am trying to set up Hibernate and Postgresql in conjunction with Karaf. I
have a maven project (archetype: osgi)  that depends on Hibernate and
Postgresql and I want to install this project in karaf. I would like to know
if there are design patterns to set up a JPA provider (like Hibernate) along
with a database (like Postgres).

I installed hibernate dependencies, via feature file shown below

  <feature name="hibernate">

When I tried to install my bundle, it complains about missing
'hibernate.cfg.xml' even though this is available inside the bundle.

I am looking for some examples, tutorials that can help to understand the
usage of JPA provider with database. I am not restricted to Hibernate and