karaf-user mailing list archives

From dealbitte <anand.boc...@gmail.com>
Subject JPA Usage: Strategy for using Hibernate + Postgresql
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:48:40 GMT
Hi

I am trying to set up Hibernate and Postgresql in conjunction with Karaf. I
have a maven project (archetype: osgi)  that depends on Hibernate and
Postgresql and I want to install this project in karaf. I would like to know
if there are design patterns to set up a JPA provider (like Hibernate) along
with a database (like Postgres).

I installed hibernate dependencies, via feature file shown below

  <feature name="hibernate">
	<bundle>wrap:mvn:org.hibernate/hibernate-core/4.1.7.Final</bundle>

<bundle>wrap:mvn:org.hibernate/hibernate-entitymanager/4.1.7.Final</bundle>

<bundle>wrap:mvn:org.hibernate.javax.persistence/hibernate-jpa-2.0-api/1.0.1.Final</bundle>

<bundle>wrap:mvn:org.hibernate.common/hibernate-commons-annotations/4.0.1.Final</bundle>
	<bundle>wrap:mvn:org.jboss.logging/jboss-logging/3.1.0.GA</bundle>
  </feature>

When I tried to install my bundle, it complains about missing
'hibernate.cfg.xml' even though this is available inside the bundle.

I am looking for some examples, tutorials that can help to understand the
usage of JPA provider with database. I am not restricted to Hibernate and
Postgres.

regards,
Rakesh