karaf-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Zimmermann <zimmermann....@googlemail.com>
Subject HttpService overlapping paths
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 13:00:16 GMT
Hi everybody.

I am having trouble with the HttpService when servlet paths of registered
servlets are overlapping.
For example: I register servlets on "/root" and "/root/path" with the
HttpService.
The GET method of the servlet on "/root" is called when I access its URL in
a browser (http://localhost:8181/root as default), so everything is fine.
However, if I try to access "/root/path", the servlet registered with
"/root" is called and NOT the one registered on "/root/path".
Do I misunderstand the specification or am I doing something wrong?

This is the code I am using to register both servlets.
I am accessing the HttpService through blueprint, init and destroy are the
init-method and destroy-method of the ServletRegisterer bean.
I can attach a fully functional example project if that is needed.

To reproduce:
1. Download Karaf 2.2.9 for windows
2. Run features:install http
3. Deploy the code above

Thank you very much in advance, Karaf is great so far. :)