karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: KAR Deployment order problem
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:33:16 GMT
Hi,

well the reployment is prohibited by the internal structure of the
FileInstaller. If the file in question fails to be installed it's put
on a "blacklist" inside the FileInstaller.

Now regarding your deployment scenario. A feature dependent on another
feature should be able to resolve the
other feature, if it's not capable of doing so it'll fail as it does right now.
A kar was meant for simple deployment of a list of bundles together
with a features.xml for starting those and resolving dependencies.
So I'm not sure if deploying 3 kars is a good idea for this.

regards, Achim