karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Gritschenberger <christoph.gritschenber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is JDK required for running Karaf?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:02:02 GMT

With this, I get some syntax-error

"-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote""" ist syntaktisch an dieser Stelle
nicht verarbeitbar.

(Sorry for the german, but that's my only WinXP I got lying around.)

I tried with skipping the quotes and jmxremote-part, then everything
seemed to work.

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx512M

Maybe the karaf.bat-script should detect whether "-server" is supported.
Or is it required for some feature(s)?

kind regards,

On 31/07/12 12:35, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Could you try running without the -server flags maybe ?
> set JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote"
> bin\karaf.bat
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Christoph Gritschenberger <
> christoph.gritschenberger@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I ran into an Error when I tried to run karaf on a Windows XP with
>> Oracle JRE 7u5 installed.
>> Error: missing `server' JVM at `C:\Programme\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll'.
>> Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing
>> components.
>> I then discovered that the karaf-documentation states that a JDK is
>> required to run karaf. I installed JDK 7u5 and everything went fine.
>> But I have some difficulties explaining to certain customers that they
>> need to install a Development Kit to run this thing.
>> So my question is, why exactly is it required to install JDK? Is there
>> no other way?
>> Thanks.
>> kind regards,
>> christoph