karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate feature repository entry using archive-kar to build deployable applications
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:37:59 GMT
I can't tell what you are doing since your information is inconsistent.

If you use the trunk (3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) karaf-maven-plugin and the kar packaging your "source"
feature.xml file should be in src/main/feature/feature.xml.  AFAIK this works fine.

I don't know anything about 2.2.x.

david jencks

On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Michael Täschner wrote:

> Hi JB,
>
> I switched to the create-kar goal of maven-features-plugin of karaf 2.2.5, yet the issues
remain: If the input feature file uses properties I can only use the already filtered file
in target/classes (I uses ${project.artifactId}, version, etc.) else the bundles cannot be
resolved. Additionally the resulting kar still contains two feature files: the one from build
path (target/classes) and the one within /repository, still resulting in two feature repositories
being added in karaf ?

> Did I do something wrong ?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael
>
> 2012/1/11 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
> Hi Michael,
>
> my comments inline:
>

> 1: I use the features-maven-plugin of karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to
> "archive-kar" my feature from a filtered features.xml file in
> src/main/resources/feature. This works fine apart from the fact that the
> resulting kar contains two features.xml, one in /features (as copied
> from /target/classes/feature) and one in the correct place under
> /repository/<groupId>/<artifactId>-features.xml. How can I tell the
> plugin to ignore the /target/feature/features.xml in the kar while I
> still need it for the build ? Right now karaf shows two added feature
> repositories for the same bundles and I have to remove one manually.
>
> The create-kar goal is now available with features-maven-plugin 2.2.5.
>
> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/kar.html
>
> I blogged about it:
> http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/12/do-you-know-the-apache-karaf-maven-plugins/
>
> The create-kar goal take the featuresFile, so it should include only this one, and you
shouldn't use a resource for that.

> 2. Undeploy of kar from the karaf /deploy folder has currently no
> effect, neither the feature repo, nor the features/bundles themselves
> are undeployed ? Additionally I wonder what would happen if I copy a
> newer kar of my features to the /deploy folder ?!
>
> It's an expected behavior. Removing a kar file doesn't remove the features installed
(and the bundles/config associated).
> On Karaf 2.2.x, the kar is uncompress in the local-repo folder, adding a .timestamp.
> If you copy a new KAR, the KarDeployer will check if the kar is newer than the previous
.timestamp and so it will try to update the features/bundles. Else, nothing will be performed.