karaf-user mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: Encryption of passwords
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:42:43 GMT
Thanks for you suggestion Lukasz but I already read that part.

Looking at it again, it seems like encryption is only supported in JAAS
configurations. I was hoping that it could be used in any configuration
file managed by config admin (or rather fileinstall). E g we configure a
lot of camel routes using e g ftp. In that case we need to configure the
route with the correct user and password. We currently do that using config
admin. I was hoping that Karaf's encryption support could make the
passwords in those configuration files encrypted. They would of course have
to be decrypted before the config admin feeds a service with the
configuration.

Did I completely misunderstand the encryption service?

/Bengt