karaf-user mailing list archives

From Michael Täschner <m.taesch...@googlemail.com>
Subject Duplicate feature repository entry using archive-kar to build deployable applications
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:05:57 GMT
Hi All,

I am currently experimenting with a customized karaf distribution where I
want to deploy/undeploy features at runtime using .kar archives.
Unfortunately I ran into some issues and hope to get some help here.

1: I use the features-maven-plugin of karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to "archive-kar"
my feature from a filtered features.xml file in src/main/resources/feature.
This works fine apart from the fact that the resulting kar contains two
features.xml, one in /features (as copied from /target/classes/feature) and
one in the correct place under
/repository/<groupId>/<artifactId>-features.xml. How can I tell the plugin
to ignore the /target/feature/features.xml in the kar while I still need it
for the build ? Right now karaf shows two added feature repositories for
the same bundles and I have to remove one manually.

2. Undeploy of kar from the karaf /deploy folder has currently no effect,
neither the feature repo, nor the features/bundles themselves are
undeployed ? Additionally I wonder what would happen if I copy a newer kar
of my features to the /deploy folder ?!

I am grateful for any answer and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Michael