karaf-user mailing list archives

From Michael Täschner <m.taesch...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate feature repository entry using archive-kar to build deployable applications
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:12:49 GMT
Hi again,

I found more details for the karaf-maven-plugin in the doc and changed the
packaging to "kar". The feature.xml is now read from the src/main/feature
folder and contained only once in the output kar. Unfortunately now a huge
number of bundles are included which are inherited from parent projects
where I only wanted the bundles defined in the input feature.xml. How can I
disable the dependencies from being included in the feature.xml ? I tried
with "includeTransitiveDependencies" = false but that does not help for
ignoring inherited dependencies.

Thanks and Regards,
Michael

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

> [...]
>>
>> hope this helps
>> david jencks
>>

>> On Jan 12, 2012, at 12:35 AM, Michael Täschner wrote:
>>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> sorry for any confusion, I hope to clarify my goals and approach. My goal
>> is to generate kar archive for my multimodule project to deploy them at
>> runtime as self-contained features. For this I set up a module for
>> generating the kar from a filtered feature file to manage the version
>> information of the project.
>>
>> I started using "archive-kar" goal of feature-maven-plugin of
>> 3.0.0.SNAPSHOT with the feature.xml residing in src/main/resources. As the
>> feature.xml has to be filtered first, I refer to the filtered file as input
>> for the plugin:
>> <featuresFile>${project.build.outputDirectory}/features.xml</featuresFile>
>>
>> JB recommended using "create-kar" goal of released karaf
>> feature-maven-plugin (tried with 2.2.5) and the feature.xml in the same
>> folder.
>>
>> The result is the same, that the final kar archive contains 2 feature.xml
>> files causing karaf to register 2 feature repositories, one for the file
>> copied in from /target/classes and the other one from
>> /repository/<groupid>/<artifactId> ...
>>
>> My question was then if one of them could be removed from the kar file to
>> prevent duplicate feature repository entries.
>>
>> Feature file (example):
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <features name="${project.artifactId}-${project.version}" xmlns="
>> http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.0.0">
>>   <feature name='${project.artifactId}' version='${project.version}' >
>>     <bundle>mvn:${project.groupId}/common/${project.version}</bundle>
>>
>> <bundle>mvn:${project.groupId}/businessLogic/${project.version}</bundle>
>>     <bundle>mvn:${project.groupId}/webservice/${project.version}</bundle>
>>   </feature>
>> </features>
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Michael
>>

>> 2012/1/11 David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
>>
>>> I can't tell what you are doing since your information is inconsistent.
>>>
>>>  If you use the trunk (3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) karaf-maven-plugin and the kar
>>> packaging your "source" feature.xml file should be in
>>> src/main/feature/feature.xml.  AFAIK this works fine.
>>>
>>> I don't know anything about 2.2.x.
>>>
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Michael Täschner wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi JB,
>>>
>>> I switched to the create-kar goal of maven-features-plugin of karaf
>>> 2.2.5, yet the issues remain: If the input feature file uses properties I
>>> can only use the already filtered file in target/classes (I uses
>>> ${project.artifactId}, version, etc.) else the bundles cannot be resolved.
>>> Additionally the resulting kar still contains two feature files: the one
>>> from build path (target/classes) and the one within /repository, still
>>> resulting in two feature repositories being added in karaf ?

I tell the