karaf-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Duplicate feature repository entry using archive-kar to build deployable applications
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:50:41 GMT
Hi Michael,

my comments inline:

> 1: I use the features-maven-plugin of karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to
> "archive-kar" my feature from a filtered features.xml file in
> src/main/resources/feature. This works fine apart from the fact that the
> resulting kar contains two features.xml, one in /features (as copied
> from /target/classes/feature) and one in the correct place under
> /repository/<groupId>/<artifactId>-features.xml. How can I tell the
> plugin to ignore the /target/feature/features.xml in the kar while I
> still need it for the build ? Right now karaf shows two added feature
> repositories for the same bundles and I have to remove one manually.

The create-kar goal is now available with features-maven-plugin 2.2.5.

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/kar.html

I blogged about it:
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/12/do-you-know-the-apache-karaf-maven-plugins/

The create-kar goal take the featuresFile, so it should include only
this one, and you shouldn't use a resource for that.

> 2. Undeploy of kar from the karaf /deploy folder has currently no
> effect, neither the feature repo, nor the features/bundles themselves
> are undeployed ? Additionally I wonder what would happen if I copy a
> newer kar of my features to the /deploy folder ?!

It's an expected behavior. Removing a kar file doesn't remove the
features installed (and the bundles/config associated).
On Karaf 2.2.x, the kar is uncompress in the local-repo folder, adding a
.timestamp.
If you copy a new KAR, the KarDeployer will check if the kar is newer
than the previous .timestamp and so it will try to update the
features/bundles. Else, nothing will be performed.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré