karaf-user mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: KARAF/JMX Aries JMX whiteboard issue
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 23:33:49 GMT
Hey Matt,
Yes, you got the point - the mbean server is exposed by management bundle. Second part is
registration of mbean. Because lack of jmx-whiteboard at the begining of Karaf there was bunch
of places where MBeans were registered by hand (in XML). After all we extracted the "registrar"
code and moved it to management core. Now every Karaf management bundle which going to expose
own mbeans use it in following way:

<reference id="mbeanServer" interface="javax.management.MBeanServer">
   <reference-listener ref="mbeanRegistrer" bind-method="registerMBeanServer" unbind-method="unregisterMBeanServer"/>

And then define mbeans
    <bean id="mbeanRegistrer" class="org.apache.karaf.management.MBeanRegistrer">
        <property name="mbeans">
                <entry value="domain:type=blabla,name=${karaf.name}" key-ref="mbean-Implementation"/>

That's how it's handled in Karaf. Of course the JMX whiteboard is way's better to use because
lack of direct dependencies to Karaf codebase.

Lukasz Dywicki

Wiadomość napisana przez Matt Madhavan w dniu 2012-01-03, o godz. 19:16: