karaf-user mailing list archives

From Johan Edstrom <seij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMq Listening on tcp6
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:30:16 GMT
You probably have your hosts file kinda fuubared.

You can try supplying : -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

Or completely disabling ipv6,

or listening to 0.0.0.0

On Sep 14, 2011, at 2:40 PM, Geoffry Roberts wrote:

> Gareth,
>
> Tried telnet and got the following:
>
> telnet: could not resolve 192.168.40.140:61616/telnet: Name or service not known
>

> On 14 September 2011 13:38, Geoffry Roberts <geoffry.roberts@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gareth,
>
> This is what I get from netstat -anp --tcp:
>
> tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:61616         :::*                    LISTEN      -
>
> It's that tcp6 business that concerns me.
>
> See below:
>
> On 14 September 2011 13:12, Gareth <gareth.o.collins@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Geoffry,
>
> On the machine with your broker, do you see the following in netstat?:
>
> tcp        0      0 ::ffff:<server_ip>:61616 :::*
> LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:61616      :::*
> LISTEN
>
> If yes, from the consumer machine, can you now run:
>
> telnet <server_ip> 61616
>
> I'll have to install telnet first.
>
> and connect (to confirm the port is really accessible)? If yes, this is now
> an issue on your consumer.
>
> I am not understanding one thing though. How were you configuring your
> broker originally? I was expecting you to update an existing broker
> configuration file (whether it be outside OSGi, or defined inside OSGi as a
> spring-dm/blueprint file)...rather than creating a new one.
>
> I had a file called localhost-broker.xml that I created from the karaf client command
line. (I don't recall the exact command I ran.)  It contained a transport connector element
similar to what you have prescribed.  As I thrashed around, trying to get this thing to work,
I removed it because none of the sketchy documentation I was referencing seemed to include
it.