karaf-user mailing list archives

From Dan Tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Turn off karaf jmx authentication
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 23:00:31 GMT
My be I can enhance o.a.k.management to disable user/pass
authentication if the 'realm' field is empty?

-D

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I was thinking about this too recently.... geronimo has pretty much the same code for
user/pw jmx auth and also client cert auth.  Geronimo's user/pw code is slightly more functional
than karaf's in that it provides logout functionality.  At the moment it is not controlled
by config admin.

> If you'd like to take a look and repurpose the geronimo code its at
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/framework/modules/geronimo-jmx-remoting
>
> There's a bunch of GBeanInfoBuilder goo in there that is geronimo specific.  Basically
you should take it out after using it as a guide for what to expose via config admin.

> If I had time and were working on this :-) I would use Declarative Services and write
a component that depending on a flag in config admin would set up either the user/pw jmx connector/authenticator
or the client cert one, looking for different properties in config admin for each.  It's
presumably possible to do this with blueprint as well.