karaf-user mailing list archives

From Travis Klotz <travis.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Application Developer Setup
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:59:23 GMT
So what are developers that are building applications that will run in
Karaf using for a development environment?  I'm going to be building a
fairly large number of camel based OSGi bundles that will be running
in Karaf.  Up to this point I have been building simple apps in
eclipse, installing a bundle into my local maven repository and then
starting up an external copy of Karaf and installing/updating the
bundle using a mvn:XXXXX url.   For my experiments this has worked
well enough, but it is a bit of a long feedback loop.   What are other
people doing for an application development setup?   Is there any way
to not have to leave eclpse or wait for a full maven build for each
build/deploy iteration?

Thanks,

Travis