karaf-user mailing list archives

From Christoper Blunck <ch...@thebluncks.com>
Subject Re: Followup on getting felix scr commands to show up in karaf
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 02:28:48 GMT
Hi Mike,

Yup.  As Guillaume mentioned the change is that SCR trunk still uses
the old shell infrastructure rather than GoGo.  It looked like there
was a single file that needed to be updated for SCR (specifically the
shell bindings) and modified to use GoGo rather than the old shell
stuff.

Any help you could give would be great!  It gets old dropping my
features into 2.1.x so I can verify all the services come up and are
available!

-c

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 10:05 PM, mikevan <mvangeertruy@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'd like us to re-address this issue with getting scr commands being useful
> in Karaf.  I've tested them on the trunk, and after installing the latest
> version of SCR on Karaf-trunk, there isn't access to any of the scr
> commands. I'll be researching this over the weekend, but any pointers you
> can give me would be helpful.
>
> Previously in this thread there was the idea of some sort of "bridge" being
> developed that would allow Karaf console usage of the scr commands. Could
> someone shed more light on what this actually means? Are we talking about
> creating a new set of scr shell commands and then installing them as part of
> a felix-scr feature?
>

> Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>
>> That's the expected behavior.  Command themselves work but not completion.
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 02:35, Christoper Blunck
>> &lt;chris@thebluncks.com&gt; wrote:
>>> Hi Guillaume-
>>> Thanks for giving me some troubleshooting techniques.  I ran the osgi:ls
>>> command and here is a snippit of the output:
>>> Apache Felix Declarative Services (41) provides:
>>> org.osgi.service.cm.ConfigurationListener
>>> org.apache.felix.scr.ScrService
>>> org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService
>>> org.apache.felix.scr.impl.ScrGogoCommand
>>> That last line suggests to me that the command itself has been
>>> registered.
>>> Interestingly enough "scr list" fails but "scr:list" succeeds:
>>> karaf@root> scr list
>>> Command not found: scr
>>> karaf@root> scr:list
>>> No components registered
>>>
>>> When I do a "tab-tab" at the karaf@root> prompt I see a bunch of commands
>>> can execute (which is expected).  However, scr:list is not in that list.
>>>  Here are the commands starting with s that are available to me:
>>>  set                              shell:cat
>>> shell:clear                      shell:each
>>> shell:echo
>>>
>>> shell:exec                       shell:grep
>>> shell:head
>>>
>>> shell:history                    shell:if
>>> shell:info
>>>
>>> shell:java                       shell:logout
>>> shell:more
>>>
>>> shell:new                        shell:printf
>>> shell:sleep
>>> shell:sort                       shell:tac
>>>  shell:tail
>>>
>>> show-tree                        shutdown
        sleep

>>> sort                             ssh
           ssh:ssh

>>> ssh:sshd                         sshd
          start

>>> start-level                      stop
>>>
>>> I am really in over my head wrt gogo and the rest of the shell framework
>>> stuff so I'm not quite sure what to do next.
>>> Do you have some ideas of what is going on?
>>> I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot some more but I don't know how much
>>> more valuable I'd be at this point...
>>> Thanks again for your time - I do appreciate it.
>>>

>>> -c

 Are you