karaf-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Turn off karaf jmx authentication
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:53:18 GMT
Hi Dan,

I was thinking about this too recently.... geronimo has pretty much the same code for user/pw
jmx auth and also client cert auth.  Geronimo's user/pw code is slightly more functional than
karaf's in that it provides logout functionality.  At the moment it is not controlled by config
admin.

If you'd like to take a look and repurpose the geronimo code its at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/framework/modules/geronimo-jmx-remoting

There's a bunch of GBeanInfoBuilder goo in there that is geronimo specific.  Basically you
should take it out after using it as a guide for what to expose via config admin.

If I had time and were working on this :-) I would use Declarative Services and write a component
that depending on a flag in config admin would set up either the user/pw jmx connector/authenticator
or the client cert one, looking for different properties in config admin for each.  It's presumably
possible to do this with blueprint as well.

hope this helps
david jencks