karaf-user mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Application Developer Setup
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:57:10 GMT
Travis,

I found KarafEclipse plug
<http://stephen.evanchik.com/blog/2009/05/apache-felix-karaf-eclipse-pde.html>-in
<http://stephen.evanchik.com/blog/2009/05/apache-felix-karaf-eclipse-pde.html>
(http://stephen.evanchik.com/blog/2009/05/apache-felix-karaf-eclipse-pde.html)
useful. It provides a OSGi server runtime similar to the JEE server
runtime. All your workspace plug-ins are deployed automatically and you
may just to need to refresh your bundles after making changes to the source.

I had some difficulties in setting it up in the beginning. I am not sure
if it was due to older version of plugin or older version of Eclipse.
Following combination is working well for me:

Eclipse : 3.7 (RCP + JEE) on Ubuntu 11.04
Update site:
http://svn.codespot.com/a/eclipselabs.org/eik/trunk/features/info.evanchik.eclipse.karaf.update/

Thanks,

Raj