karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Application Developer Setup
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:59:18 GMT
Hi Travis,

the way I usually do this is to develop the camel routes with certain
Junit tests
that do the job of testing the core functionality of my routes.
A "simple" Integration test inside Karaf can be already done
by "simply" droping your xml camel route (if you use spring or blueprint)
inside the deploy folder of karaf.
Now if you have "lots" of bundles you are able to use the def:watch command
in the karaf shell to tell karaf that it should monitor the maven
repository for changes.
so next time you do a maven clean install your bundles are automatically
loaded in
your karaf container.
In case you are wondering how you get the dev:watch command done everytime
you restart your karaf you might consider writing a karaf-script which
can be
loaded in the shell.

Regards, Achim

Am 22.07.2011 16:59, schrieb Travis Klotz:
> So what are developers that are building applications that will run in
> Karaf using for a development environment?  I'm going to be building a
> fairly large number of camel based OSGi bundles that will be running
> in Karaf.  Up to this point I have been building simple apps in
> eclipse, installing a bundle into my local maven repository and then
> starting up an external copy of Karaf and installing/updating the
> bundle using a mvn:XXXXX url.   For my experiments this has worked
> well enough, but it is a bit of a long feedback loop.   What are other
> people doing for an application development setup?   Is there any way
> to not have to leave eclpse or wait for a full maven build for each
> build/deploy iteration?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Travis

*Achim Nierbeck*