karaf-user mailing list archives

From mikevan <mvangeert...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Console extensions without blueprint
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:47:46 GMT

Sam,

I would suggest attempting to implement your console extension using blueprint first to see
if this fixes your issue.  With few exceptions, I've found that converting webconsole extensions
from SpringDM to Blueprint to be fairly painless.

I hope that helps.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Sam Hendley [via Karaf]" <ml-node+3141216-574799608-228489@n3.nabble.com>
To: "mikevan" <mvangeertruy@comcast.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:24:09 AM
Subject: Re: Console extensions without blueprint

Hello, I am trying to register commands without using blueprint but I am running into issues
and I wonder if I am fighting a losing battle.

I have been able to get the command somewhat registered without blueprint but they are not
functional when executed.

karaf@root> sim:list
Error executing command: Cannot coerce list() to any of []

I believe what is occurring is when blueprint processes the command-bundle it builds a "proxy"
Function object that handles the argument parsing and handling. Is that wrapping functionality
exposed outside of blueprint?

Below is the ls output of my self-publishing attempt (63) and the blueprint created command
(62).

karaf@root> ls -a 63

Reef Protocol Simulator (63) provides:
--------------------------------------
objectClass = org.totalgrid.reef.protocol.api.Protocol
protocol = benchmark
service.id = 237
----
objectClass = org.apache.felix.gogo.commands.Action
osgi.command.function = list
osgi.command.scope = sim
service.id = 238
karaf@root> ls -a 62

Reef Admin Shell Extension (62) provides:
objectClass = org.apache.karaf.shell.console.CompletableFunction, org.apache.felix.service.command.Function

osgi.command.function = resetdb
osgi.command.scope = reef
service.id = 172

If need be I believe I can switch everything to blueprint but if it is possible I would like
to avoid that (without re-implementing too much of the command handling code).

Thanks,
Sam Hendley

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Re-Console-extensions-without-blueprint-tp3141216p3141216.html

To start a new topic under Karaf - User, email ml-node+930749-917263437-228489@n3.nabble.com

To unsubscribe from Karaf - User, click here .

-----
Mike Van