karaf-user mailing list archives

From Gareth <gareth.o.coll...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Spring DM For New Software?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 03:12:45 GMT
Hello,

In a earlier question today I mentioned that when I tried to use Spring
security in OSGi,
I had to include all the Spring + spring security jars in my wab, which was
not ideal.

I found out what the problem was. I had to include Spring DM web to be able
to remove the jars. The following was added to my web.xml:

	<context-param>
		<param-name>contextClass</param-name>
		<param-value>

org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext
		</param-value>
	</context-param>

Since this is new code, I was a little uncomfortable adding a dependency on
something which was essentially "EOL" so I had a look to see if I could do
the same with Blueprint (as we are already planning to use blueprint for
other non-web bundles).

Unfortunately the Spring DM web functionality doesn't appear to be covered
in the Blueprint spec (and I don't see anything currently in Aries).

So my question is - is there another method for including Spring in a wab?
If not and I continue with Karaf, what is the recommended approach going
forward? Continue using Spring DM web for the foreseeable future? Avoid
creating dependencies on Spring DM web and include the Spring jars in every
wab? Any other options in the pipeline (will Aries eventually have a similar
feature, or would a replacement come as part of PAX Web?)?

Any suggestions/info/guidance would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Gareth