karaf-user mailing list archives

From simplemind <pastu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feature Dependencies load order
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:02:06 GMT
I have discovered the problem.  Actually it is 2 issues, one is with
webconsole and the other is with wrap.  I am still not sure about
start-priority, but I think lower number means lower priority.

The problem with webconsole is that it times out.   If you click on load a
feature that takes a while to load the webconsole request times out and
kills the feature load at whatever point it happens to be.  For instance, in
karaf 2.2.2 on my machine I cannot even load the 'war' feature from the
webconsole because it just takes too long.

The second issue is a really strange one with wrap.  Suppose bundle A
exports a package a.a.a.  And suppose B is a wrapped (legacy jar) bundle.
If I make a feature that has B before A and load the feature and look at B
it shows a.a.a as an optional import in the manifest headers, plus a.a.a was
not imported.  But if you load a feature that has A before B, then the
loaded B has a.a.a in the Imports.

Easy enough to work around these, but they are both big "gochas" that had me
confused in combination for a few wasted hours.  If anyone cares to explain
how wrap is determining what are optional imports I would be interested.
Seems like a bug, because in my case a.a.a was being used and should have
been imported no matter the load order.  Also, why does wrapped bundle link
optional imports if they happen to already be loaded into karaf when the
bundle is loaded?