karaf-user mailing list archives

From simplemind <pastu...@gmail.com>
Subject Feature Dependencies load order
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:39:40 GMT
I take it that if you say a feature is dependent on another feature then the
dependent feature is loaded after the feature it depends on is completely
loaded?  Can you specify a start-level for a feature?

Also, for bundle start-level, is a higher number higher load priority or
lower load priority?  The docs do not specify this.  Docs seem to say
default start level is 60 if you do not specify?

As you may have guessed I am having some trouble with features not loading
properly all the time.  Like if I load each of the features one at a time it
works, but if I load the A, where A depends on B and B depends on C, it
seems to break somewhere in the chain.  I can't discern a pattern.  But
there is a bundle in A that is the only thing that runs anything, and it
usually breaks in B with a missing dependency between 2 B packages.  Like it
is running A before B is completely loaded.