karaf-user mailing list archives

From Gareth <gareth.o.coll...@gmail.com>
Subject Cellar And Hazelcast Questions
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 02:36:25 GMT
Hello,

I would like to use Karaf as well as Cellar. I also would like to use
Hazelcast for my program (since it is now getting a lot of Apache
integration vs. other open-source clustering software). So I have some
questions:

(1) Is there an issue if I piggyback on the Cellar Hazelcast cluster, or
should I make a completely separate one? Just as a note, I am seeing some
exceptions when I uninstall my bundles after using Hazelcast:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:<my class> not found from bundle
[org.apache.karaf.cellar.hazelcast]
	at
org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClassLoader.findClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java:103)
	at
org.springframework.osgi.util.BundleDelegatingClassLoader.loadClass(BundleDelegatingClassLoader.java:156)
.
.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: <My class> not found by
org.apache.karaf.cellar.hazelcast [141]
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:787)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$400(ModuleImpl.java:71)
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1768)
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.getClassByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:645)

(2) I see there is an OSGi classloader problem with the Hazelcast Cluster
Monitor. If you use any custom classes in an IMap it cannot find them. e.g.:

org.apache.karaf.cellar.core.Group not found by com.hazelcast.monitor [143]
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:787)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$400(ModuleImpl.java:71)
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1768)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)[:1.6.0_26]

Is there any way around this? Is using the Hazelcast cluster monitor to be
avoided for OSGi/Keraf Cellar?

thanks in advance,
Gareth