karaf-user mailing list archives

From simplemind <pastu...@gmail.com>
Subject feature bundle loading issue
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:57:20 GMT
    <feature name="hornetq-mgmt" version="1.0.0">
        <bundle>mvn:org.hornetq/hornetq-core/2.2.2.Final</bundle>
        <bundle>mvn:ebento.emb/hornetq-mgmt/1.0.0</bundle>
    </feature>

The mgmt bundle is one I build and the core bundle is a dependency that
maven sucked in.  The naming all looks right according to the layout of the
maven repository. I get a null pointer when installing the feature.
Experimentation shows it is happening only on the "core" bundle.  The only
difference I can see between the two bundles is that the one I built adds an
resource entry in maven's .m2/repository/repository.xml.  The downloaded
bundle has no such entry.  Is that what is causing this?  If so, how can I
get karaf to load dependency bundles that I did not build?

DETAILS BELOW

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.installBundleIfNeeded(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:660)
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.doInstallFeature(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:474)
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.installFeatures(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:292)
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.installFeature(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:280)
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.installFeature(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:276)
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.command.InstallFeatureCommand.doExecute(InstallFeatureCommand.java:62)
        at
org.apache.karaf.features.command.FeaturesCommandSupport.doExecute(FeaturesCommandSupport.java:39)
        at
org.apache.karaf.shell.console.OsgiCommandSupport.execute(OsgiCommandSupport.java:38)

SOURCE CODE

 655   protected Bundle installBundleIfNeeded(InstallationState state,
BundleInfo bundleInfo, int defaultStartLevel, boolean verbose) throws
IOException, BundleException {
 656       InputStream is;
 657       String bundleLocation = bundleInfo.getLocation();
 658       LOGGER.debug("Checking " + bundleLocation);
 659       try {
 660           is = new BufferedInputStream(new
URL(bundleLocation).openStream());
 661       } catch (RuntimeException e) {

Line numbers are probably slightly off from the code I am actually running.
Best bet for a null pointer to me in this code and what follows after 661
looks like bundleInfo.getLocation() on line 657.