karaf-user mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Web Console Security Question
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:07:45 GMT
Am 15.12.2010 17:31, schrieb mohamadan:
> Thank you..I just registered for the mailing list.
>
> Any estimate when a new Version will support the custom JAAS Login Module ?
>
> Also, I noticed that the passwords are in plain text by default, but there
> is a way to encrypt them. Does it support FIPs-140 encryption ? if not, is
> it possible to use a different Encryption other than the default one.

Your could go ahead and try the latest snapshot.

The following features need to be installed:
war (which depends on http and jetty)
jetty-jaas

now you need to configure the jetty.xml in etc which is
installed through the http feature

Just enable the commented section regarding jaas.

Have fun :)

Achim