karaf-user mailing list archives

From khein <kh...@vsciences.com>
Subject Bundle Snapshot Update Issues
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 00:59:50 GMT

I'm having trouble updating SNAPSHOT bundles via mvn.  The basic scenario is
that I run the Karaf server, make changes via an IDE to a bundle, recompile
and deploy the bundle to my local maven repository.  The attempt to update
the bundle.

I can see pax-url-mvn tracking down the bundle in the correct location (in
my local repository), and it even posts a error message appropriately if the
bundle is not present (i.e. I've purposefully deleted it), so I know it it
attempting to load the newly built bundle.  If I stop Karaf and restart, the
changes are found and loaded.

However, when I update and 'install' the bundle via maven, it still
continues to stop/start the original bundle.  I can tell this via the
logging I've put into the @PostCreate and @PreDestroy methods within the
bundle and by having pax-url-mvn logging in DEBUG mode.

I've tried many configurations of the org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg file and
don't believe the issue is there any longer.  It seems that the bundle is
located, but never really 'loaded'.  Maybe it continues to use a cached
version?

When I do an uninstall/install cycle I do get the different bundle to load,
however, the @PostConstruct message is no longer logged...but status shows
STARTED.  Very confusing.

Help?  Any ideas what to look at in tracking this down?

snipped of debug showing it is finding the SNAPSHOT appropriately:
--- --- --- --- ---
13:33:56,147 | DEBUG | d-69 | org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection

| Collecting versions from repository
[file:/Users/khein/.m2/repository/,releases=false,snapshots=true]
13:33:56,147 | DEBUG | d-69 | org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection

|   Resolving metadata
13:33:56,149 | DEBUG | d-69 | org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection

|   Resolving latest version
13:33:56,149 | DEBUG | d-69 | org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection

|   Resolving snapshot version [0.11.24-SNAPSHOT]
13:33:56,150 | DEBUG | d-69 | org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection