karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.karaf.specs.locator on Karaf 4.2.1
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 08:07:26 GMT
Hi Stephan,

Thanks!
Yes, I can  reproduce and this is a bug I need to fix. And this is fixed by KARAF-5897[1].

For now, as a workaround, you can download [2] and copy it to $KARAF_HOME/lib/boot folder
then it should work.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-5897
[2]http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/karaf/specs/org.apache.karaf.specs.activator/4.2.1/org.apache.karaf.specs.activator-4.2.1.jar
-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 10:05 PM, Siano, Stephan <stephan.siano@sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using JDK 8 (and a custom karaf distribution). However it should not be so difficult
to reproduce:
> 1. Install Woodstox on the system (e.g. mvn:org.codehaus.woodstox/stax2-api/3.1.4 and
mvn:org.codehaus.woodstox/woodstox-core-asl/4.4.1) (I am aware that these are not the latest
version, but that should actually not matter) What does matter is that the woodstox-core-asl
bundle contains a directory META-INF/services with files like javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory
containing the class name of the factory implementation provided by this bundle.
> 2. set a set of system properties
>  javax.xml.stream.XMLEventFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxEventFactory
>  javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory
>  javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxOutputFactory
> when you restart your karaf. The system property and the value should match name and
the content of the files in META-INF/services of the woodstox bundle. Note: for the operation
of the feature to look up the factory this is not necessary, but if you don't set these properties,
the lookup in the next step will just return the JDK implementation of the factory, which
might work but is not desired in this case.
> 3. have another bundle that does not import the Woodstox implementation packages (only
javax.xml.stream).  Call the static method javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newFactory() from
this bundle. This should give you an instance of the com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory (when
woodstox is installed).

> Best regards
> Stephan

bundle that allowed the lookup of registered service implementations (like woodstox for the
Stax-API) in Karaf 4.2.0.

>> With 4.2.1 the jar is gone from the boot classpath (with two commits with Freeman
Fang that say "ensure Karaf can build and run with JDK11/JDK10").
>> So with Karaf 4.2.1 the lookup for the Woodstox does not work anymore (probably because
of that).

>> Caused by: javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory
not found
>>       at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.newInstance($FactoryFinder.java:97)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.newInstance($FactoryFinder.java:74)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.find($FactoryFinder.java:129)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.find($FactoryFinder.java:106)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:52)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newFactory(XMLInputFactory.java:57)
>>       at ...
>>       ... 1 common frames omitted
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/ctc/wstx/stax/WstxInputFactory
>>       at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>       at java.lang.Class.forNameFW(Class.java:357)
>>       at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:350)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.getProviderClass($FactoryFinder.java:64)
>>       at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.newInstance($FactoryFinder.java:87)
>>       ... 12 common frames omitted
>>

>> Was that bundle removed on purpose from the boot classpath, or was this just an accident?
Other bundles related to this are still there (except org.apache.karaf.specs.java.xml.ws which
was removed from the lib/endorsed directory).