karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Siano, Stephan" <stephan.si...@sap.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.karaf.specs.locator on Karaf 4.2.1
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2018 14:05:39 GMT

Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: Freeman Fang <freeman.fang@gmail.com>
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. September 2018 15:44
To: dev@karaf.apache.org
Subject: Re: org.apache.karaf.specs.locator on Karaf 4.2.1

Hi Stephan,

What’s the JDK version you are using?
And could you please tell me the steps to reproduce this error?

I want to reproduce it and take a close look.

Thanks!

-------------
Freeman(Yue) Fang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 8:14 PM, Siano, Stephan <stephan.siano@sap.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> with Karaf 4.2.0 Guillaume Nodet introduced some mechanism around the org.apache.karaf.specs.activator
bundle that allowed the lookup of registered service implementations (like woodstox for the
Stax-API) in Karaf 4.2.0.

> With 4.2.1 the jar is gone from the boot classpath (with two commits with Freeman Fang
that say "ensure Karaf can build and run with JDK11/JDK10").
> So with Karaf 4.2.1 the lookup for the Woodstox does not work anymore (probably because
of that).

> Caused by: javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory
not found
>        at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.newInstance($FactoryFinder.java:97)
>        at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.newInstance($FactoryFinder.java:74)
>        at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.find($FactoryFinder.java:129)
>        at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.find($FactoryFinder.java:106)
>        at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:52)
>        at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newFactory(XMLInputFactory.java:57)
>        at ...
>        ... 1 common frames omitted
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/ctc/wstx/stax/WstxInputFactory
>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.forNameFW(Class.java:357)
>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:350)
>        at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.getProviderClass($FactoryFinder.java:64)
>        at javax.xml.stream.$FactoryFinder.newInstance($FactoryFinder.java:87)
>        ... 12 common frames omitted
>

> Was that bundle removed on purpose from the boot classpath, or was this just an accident?
Other bundles related to this are still there (except org.apache.karaf.specs.java.xml.ws which
was removed from the lib/endorsed directory).