karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [REPORT] Apache Karaf
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 04:41:20 GMT
 - Apache Karaf provides a very modern and polymorphic container,
multi-purpose (microservices, OSGi, etc) powered by OSGi.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
 - New update/polishing on the website
 - New important versions have been released (4.2.1)
 - A talk about Karaf will stand at ApacheCon NA
 - We are preparing new subprojects releases (Cave, Decanter) and a new
subproject (Vineyard)

## Health report:
 - We asked communities to share their experience/usage of Karaf to
populate the Stories pages on our website
 - We can see updates from users asking for release so we agreed to have
a periodically release cycle (every two months).
 - We note a growing interest for Karaf in the cloud and Karaf with docker.
 - We are reviewing a CVE report

## PMC changes:
 - Currently 15 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Christian Schneider on Mon Aug 22 2016

## Committer base changes:
 - Currently 31 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Francois Papon at Sat May 19 2018

## Releases:
 - 4.1.6 was released on Sun Aug 12 2018
 - 4.2.1 was released on Wed Aug 22 2018

## /dist/ errors: 15
 - We are updating the signature for the existing releases on  dist
(it's "old" releases on maintenance branches)

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@karaf.apache.org:

 - issues@karaf.apache.org:

 - user@karaf.apache.org: