karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lech <l.l...@ringler.ch>
Subject JUnit test failure when playing with time zones
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 15:36:50 GMT
Hello,

After  pulling master of apache/karaf I've noticed test failure. Under Linux it fails in Audit
:: Core  :

[ERROR] testFileSize(org.apache.karaf.audit.logger.EventLoggerTest)  Time elapsed: 0.118 s
 <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<[file-2017-11-17-2.log, file-2017-11-17.log, file.log]>
but was:<[file-2017-11-18-2.log, file-2017-11-18.log, file.log]>
        at org.apache.karaf.audit.logger.EventLoggerTest.testFileSize(EventLoggerTest.java:230)

I've forgotten that I've played with my time zone and set it to New Zealand (in order to test
our application if it deals correctly with non-central-european time zones). After switching
to CEST the tests run correctly, however, being in CEST I'm now in the same day as GMT. I'm
not sure if Java somehow 'know' that time zone set by timedatectl is not my 'real' time zone
(for example, by saving original timezone somewhere during installation) and the problem would
not occur for people that are really in New Zealand, but I feel that Junit tests shouldn't
fail because of such configuration.

Could someone from that region (or working very late) check if the test fail always when GMT
shows other day than local time?

Btw.  On Windows build fails (it was always failing, but anytime in other place). This time
in :
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]   ProfilesTest.testProfilesApi:75 ▒ IllegalArgument character to be escaped is m...
(Profile :: Core)

Best regards,
Lukasz Lech