karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.2.0 release
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 18:00:54 GMT
I'd tend to agree with Dan here - if its breaking BP than a lot of
user apps may also break.

Cheers,
Jamie

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 3:10 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

>> On Apr 4, 2018, at 11:21 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> do you consider it can wait 4.2.1 or do you want a new 4.2.0 ?
>
> I believe it breaks several uses cases for CXF.    More importantly as soon as you install
CXF, ANYTHING blueprint related breaks.    org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.parse
uses DOM parsing and as soon as xerces is there, blueprint is no longer able to parse any
blueprint files.

> Up to you, but that seems fairly severe to me.
>
> Dan
>

>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 04/04/2018 02:54 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>
>>> Just for the record, found two issues:
>>>
>>> 1) Installing CXF (which installs xercesImpl) causes most XML DOM parsing to
break when run on Java 8.  (Java9 is fine)  Guillaume already fixed this.

>>> 2) The “finders” that were added don’t include one for JAXB.   Thus we’ll
always end up using the JAXB in the JDK instead.