karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: FYI, OSGi Features RFP
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 10:31:09 GMT
I think the RFP is based on the prototype of the sling feature model.

See:
https://github.com/apache/sling-whiteboard/tree/master/featuremodel

As far as I know this is indeed inspired by karaf. I am not sure how
compatible it is at the moment. I will try to participate in the
standardisation effort and try to achieve some compatibility with karaf.

Christian

> I was not in any way aware of this RFP and I'm not part of the process, but
> this looks really inspired from Karaf Features at least.
> The author, David B. is a Karaf committer, so he may be able to comment on
> what he has in mind.
>
> Having said that, I'm not so sure it's a good thing for Karaf, but we'll
> see. Hopefully things will go well this time, but I've already seen several
> things go wrong at the OSGi EEG...
>
> Guillaume

> > Interesting ! Is it planned to be based on Karaf Features model ?
> >
> > cheers,
> >   Serge...
> >
> > Serge Huber
> > CTO & Co-Founder
> > T +41 22 361 3424
> > 9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
> > jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
> > SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
> > <https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
> > <http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>
> >

> > > JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained
> and
> > to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
> > Digital Transformation.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > See https://github.com/osgi/design/blob/master/rfps/rfp-