karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.2.0 release (take 2)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 12:37:10 GMT

This is SLIGHTLY different.    I talked to gnodet on IRC about this yesterday as well.   He
currently doesn’t provide a ContextFactory for JAXB to override what’s in the JDK.
Thus, we expected that it would always pick up what’s in the JDK.   It looks like in this
case, it’s getting some sort of mix or something.   com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory is
not in the JDK (would have “internal” in the name) so somehow it’s picking up a META-INF/services
from the jaxbimpl bundle, but the JAXBContext from the JDK cannot access the class.  Or something
like that.

I’m wondering if it’s actually getting a mix of stuff.   Maybe an explicit import of jaxb
impl class?  Maybe jaxb-api coming from two locations?  (Jdk and bundle)?

Dan

> On Apr 5, 2018, at 7:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
> Let me take a look.
>
> However this is not new and happened in RC1 and RC2. It would have been great to have
such feedback on the RC instead of the first GA.

> I keep you posted. I tested the cxf feature yesterday without problem. Let me try the
cxf-dosgi.

> Regards
> JB
>
> Le 5 avr. 2018 à 12:28, à 12:28, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net>
a écrit:
>> I just tested with the CXF-DOSGi samples on karaf 4.2.0 and java 8.
>> When
>> there is an error during xml parsing.
>>
>> To reproduce install cxf-dosgi samples:
>>
>> feature:repo-add cxf-dosgi-samples 2.3.0
>>
>> feature:install cxf-dosgi-sample-soap-impl
>>
>> and check the log.
>>
>> See this for the exception:
>> https://paste.apache.org/FFNJ
>>
>> The code works fine in karaf 4.1.x.
>>
>> This could be the same thing that Dan reported about the xml parsing.
>> As it
>> still seems to happen with the new build I am voting -1 for now.
>>
>> -1
>>
>> Christian

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Karaf (Container) 4.2.0 release to your vote.
>>>
>>> This is the first GA on the 4.2.x series, following M1 and M2.
>>>
>>> NB: I preferred to postpone the merge of the new examples as it needs
>>> little
>>> polish. The PR is already available and it will be included in 4.2.1
>> (that
>>> we
>>> can expect beginning of May depending of 4.2.0 feedbacks):
>>> https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/484
>>>
>>> NB: This is take 2, including KARAF-5688 fix
>>>
>>> Release Notes:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
>>> projectId=12311140&version=12342076
>>>
>>> Staging Repository:
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1111/
>>>
>>> Git Tag:
>>> karaf-4.2.0
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Daniel Kulp