karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Nielsen <mny...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible bug in feature repository version ranges
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 11:07:01 GMT
Hi everyone
My and my colleagues found a possible bug when resolving feature repo
version ranges. The bug seems to be present on Windows machines, but does
not seem to occur on debian(And likely any linux distro).

I have checked out Karaf and replicated the bug here:

https://github.com/mnybon/karaf/tree/versionrange_windows

The bug seems to be found in the karaf-maven-plugin karaf assembly and
happens when a version range is found in a feature file set to be installed
into the system dir. I have used the new CXF release which has a pax cdi
repository import with version range. On our linux server, everything seems
to work correctly, but on windows, the feature with the version range is
placed in system with the version range intact in the name.

On windows the feature is placed under:
karaf\assemblies\apache-karaf-minimal\target\assembly\system\org\ops4j\pax\cdi\pax-cdi-features\[1.0.0.RC1,2)
On debian the feature is placed under:
karaf/assemblies/apache-karaf-minimal/target/assembly/system/org/ops4j/pax/cdi/pax-cdi-features/1.0.0.RC1

Note pax-cdi-features\*[1.0.0.RC1,2)* vs pax-cdi-features/*1.0.0.RC1*

I am using the same version of maven and Java 8 on both machines, so I
believe the error is contained to windows machines.
I have also had a few colleagues test it on their windows machines, with
different maven and java versions, the error is constant and reproduced
consistently.

The created karaf assembly does not exactly appreciate the
*[1.0.0.RC1,2)* version
when it starts up. So it basically renders builds from windows machines
useless.

-Martin