karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Grzybek <gr.grzy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating "overrides" and "blacklisting" for repositories, features and bundles
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:21:58 GMT
Hello

Continuing the thread, here's draft XML configuration file for feature
overriding/altering/blacklisting. This file could be generated by
karaf-maven-plugin and could be used in addition to/instead of
etc/overrides.properties and/or etc/blacklisted.properties:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<featuresProcessing xmlns="
http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features-processing/v1.0.0">

    <!--
        org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryCache will
refuse to add/track a repository URI if it's blacklisted,
        either if added explicitly or as referenced features repository URI
    -->
    <blacklistedRepositories>

<repository>mvn:org.hibernate/hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features/5.*/xml/features</repository>
        <!-- ... -->
    </blacklistedRepositories>

    <!--
        org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryCache will
transform added/tracked repository by removing blacklisted features
    -->
    <blacklistedFeatures>
        <feature>*jetty*</feature>
        <!-- ... -->
    </blacklistedFeatures>

    <!--
        org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.RepositoryCache will
transform added/tracked repository and remove all blacklisted
        bundles from all the features in the repository
    -->
    <blacklistedBundles>
        <bundle>mvn:commons-logging/*</bundle>
        <!-- ... -->
    </blacklistedBundles>

    <!--
        We can configure RepositoryCache to change
'dependency="false|true"' flag on given bundles, features,
        repositories or globally
    -->
    <overrideBundleDependency>
        <!-- Override "dependency" flag for all bundles of all features for
given repository URI(s) -->
        <repository
url="mvn:org.ops4j.pax.cdi/pax-cdi-features/*/xml/features"
dependency="true" />
        <repository url="mvn:*/xml/features" dependency="true" />
        <!-- Override "dependency" flag for all bundles of given feature(s)
-->
        <feature name="jclouds*" version="[1,3)" dependency="true" />
        <!-- Override "dependency" flag for given bundle(s) -->
        <bundle url="mvn:javax.annotation/javax.annotation-api/*"
dependency="true" />
    </overrideBundleDependency>

    <!--
        Knowing there are multiple bundles containing the same classes
(usually APIs), we can "translate"
        bundle location to completely different bundles
    -->
    <bundleReplacements>
        <bundle originalUri="mvn:org.eclipse.jetty.orbit/javax.servlet/3.0*"

replacement="mvn:org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec/1.0" />
        <!-- ... -->
    </bundleReplacements>

    <!--
        We can completely rewrite any feature deifnition, which may be
useful for features beyond our control or
        which are no longer maintained. This is expert setting and has to
be configured with care.
        We can add, remove and change all the items inside feature
definition
    -->
    <featureReplacememnts>
        <feature name="pax-jsf-resources-support" description="Provide
sharing of resources according to Servlet 3.0 for OSGi bundles and JSF"
version="6.0.7">
            <feature version="[6.0,6.1)">pax-jsf-support</feature>
            <bundle
dependency="true">mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-resources-extender/6.0.7</bundle>

<bundle>mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-resources-jsf/6.0.7</bundle>
        </feature>
    </featureReplacememnts>

</featuresProcessing>

What do you think?