karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Trim down karaf distributions for 4.2
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:06:16 GMT

The PROBLEM with the in-JDK version of the DOM is that just creating a new empty document
involved a call to System.getProperty(…) which is a synchronized call.   The Apache xerces
version does not have that problem.   Thus, by removing the xerces jar, performance of certain
uses cases will drop with high concurrency.  Unfortunately, CXF is one of those use cases.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp