karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Work-around for Cellar not supporting blueprint managed-service factory replication
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 04:16:56 GMT
Hi Steve,

see my comments inline:

On 07/11/2017 08:54 PM, steve.lombardi wrote:
> Jean:
>
> That would be spectacular. Many thanks. Please let us know if we can help.
> We have our own release in August and may have some time shortly after to
> contribute, depending on the Cellar 4.1.2 release timeline.

It could work for end of August (I'm in vacation mid-August).

> There are other parts to this issue as well:
>
> (1) Karaf 4.1.1 supports `.cfg` and `.config` files but Cellar 4.1.0 only
> supports `.cfg` which can lead to problems serializing configs with arrays.

Cellar only deals with ConfigAdmin for now, not directly the files in etc
folder. Cellar "traps" the ConfigAdmin events and spread them on the cluster.

> (2) Cellar does not persist the replicated managed-service factory
> configurations to disk, which means the etc directories on multiple nodes
> can fall out of sync.

For the same reason as previous point.

> For the Cellar Config fix in 4.1.2, do you plan to continue using the PID to
> correlate configurations across the cluster? If so, will you use the
> existing configAdmin.createFactoryConfiguration() or a new function that
> forces the use of the same PID
>
> Alternatively, would you use a separate property similar to
> felix.fileinstall.filename to correlate configurations?

In the past, I introduced a special property (to avoid infinite loop during
sync). It could be a new way of dealing with cfg file. Let me think about that.

Regards
JB