karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "steve.lombardi" <steve.lomba...@connexta.com>
Subject Re: Work-around for Cellar not supporting blueprint managed-service factory replication
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:54:22 GMT
Jean:

That would be spectacular. Many thanks. Please let us know if we can help.
We have our own release in August and may have some time shortly after to
contribute, depending on the Cellar 4.1.2 release timeline.

There are other parts to this issue as well:

(1) Karaf 4.1.1 supports `.cfg` and `.config` files but Cellar 4.1.0 only
supports `.cfg` which can lead to problems serializing configs with arrays.

(2) Cellar does not persist the replicated managed-service factory
configurations to disk, which means the etc directories on multiple nodes
can fall out of sync.

For the Cellar Config fix in 4.1.2, do you plan to continue using the PID to
correlate configurations across the cluster? If so, will you use the
existing configAdmin.createFactoryConfiguration() or a new function that
forces the use of the same PID?

Alternatively, would you use a separate property similar to
felix.fileinstall.filename to correlate configurations?