karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Ward <timothyjw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New pax project 'transx'
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:29:01 GMT
The Transaction Control project in Aries does have a pretty complete overlap with what’s
being proposed here. There are already resource providers for JPA and JDBC which provide connection
pooling, resource local transactions and XA transactions. It would be great to get some input
into a JMS resource provider to extend the set of supported resource types.

The Aries TX control code already includes a base resource project for adding Resource providers
which should help to ensure correct lifecycle management - I’d be happy to talk through
that code in more detail. Contributing JMS support should therefore be a (relatively) simple
process of providing the necessary JMS customisation much like with JDBC.

Happy to help,

Tim