karaf-dev mailing list archives

From kemitix <pcampb...@kemitix.net>
Subject RE: Unit tests and refactoring - karaf-maven-plugin - AssemblyMojo
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 15:05:59 GMT
Hi,

If I recall, when I was starting this exercise, I needed the separation to conceptualise all
the parameters apart from the behaviour to allow me to write the initial exploratory tests.
It could probably be folded back in with only minor changes.

Regards
Paul Campbell     From: Guillaume Nodet-2 [via Karaf] <ml+s922171n4050323h84@n3.nabble.com>
Sent: Tue, 9 May 2017 3:48 PM
To: kemitix <pcampbell@kemitix.net>
Subject: Re: Unit tests and refactoring - karaf-maven-plugin - AssemblyMojo

Thx for this work, better code coverage is really nice !
I have one question though, what's the benefit of splitting the
AssemblyMojo / AssemblyMojoExec ?
It leads to duplication of all the fields for no real gain to me ...
Most of the actual execution is already extracted in the Builder class, so
I'm not sure we'll benefit from another split.

> Hi,
>
> Branch: https://github.com/kemitix/karaf/tree/assembly-mojo-refactoring
>
> I've finished refactoring into the assembly package the AssemblyMojo in the
> karaf-maven-plugin module.
>
> There are unit tests providing 100% code coverage of the assembly package.
>
> The original mockito-based test I had written has been adapted to use
> Easymock and a 'BuilderSpy' class. It has been renamed as
> AssemblyMojoSystemTest, and it too also provides 100% code coverage for the
> assembly package.
>
> Currently, this work is based on the karaf-4.1.x branch. There have been no
> modifications to AssemblyMojo between karaf-4.1.x and master, so rebasing
> it
> onto master should not cause any problems.
>
> What should I do next in order to progress this towards being merged with
> the main line?
>
> Regards
> Paul Campbell
>

> --